- Fund-raising. We were approved as a 501(c)(3) non-profit in January of 2018. Our focus for fund-raising is to keep all of our programming FREE to TATTS members and to:
- Replace hardware (laptop, drone w/camera, and a TV for viewing footage in the field), and
- Supplies for outings including t-shirts for TATTS members and snacks
- Development of the TATTS IAB (see description here)
- Hold outings in the summer of 2018
2017 was a good year for TATTS. Although formal programming was not instituted for 2017, the organization continued to grow and evolve. Throughout 2017 we have focused on obtaining non-profit status by initially getting incorporated (done) and now moving on to obtaining 501(c)(3) status. We also completed a full inventory of our drone fleet and assessment of new technologies to better meet the needs of TATTS participants, flew some of our drone fleet on several occasions with small groups, networked with others (drone enthusiasts as well as autism activists, parents of children and young adults on the autism spectrum therapists and autism therapists/service providers) interested in what TATTS is doing, and continued to evaluate our curriculum to leverage drones for social skill and employment skill development.
2016 was a huge success. Thanks to the Autism Society of South Central Wisconsin for their support and all the volunteers that helped make it happen! Most importantly, though, thanks to the kids and young adults on the spectrum that participated. You guys rock!
Here's a taste of what we accomplished in 2016.
TATTS is excited to announce that we are offering new programming for the 2016 flying season. Dates are noted below. Registration - through the Autism Society of South Central Wisconsin - is available HERE.
- Saturday, July 9th
- Saturday, July 16th
- Saturday, July 23rd
- Saturday, August 13th
- Saturday, August 27th
We will offer a morning session (10-12) and an afternoon session (1-3). Session content will be identical. If we have returning TATTS team members, they will have opportunities to lead and teach other team members so all are welcome! Space is limited though so register early. Locations for each outing will be made available at our kick-off outing on July 9th. All locations will be in the Madison area.
Some Information for Parents/Guardians:
- Target ages for TATTS participants is 7-15 but if other kids/young adults are interested, we'll do our best to accommodate
- Meeting locations vary depending on the activity planned for that sessions but are generally within a 20 minute drive of Madison, WI
- Parents/guardians are required to stay during the events
- We can use all sorts of help - both in the planning and organizing of events and making them happen in the field
- You don't need expertise with autism. We do an 'autism 101' event prior to the summer sessions to ensure all volunteers have the basics down
- If you're interested in volunteering, please send an email to email@example.com.